1. SP5-143A: SPECrate®2017_int_base comparison based on performing system published scores from www.spec.org as of 6/13/2013. 2P AMD EPYC 9754 scores 1950 SPECrate®2017_int_base http://www.spec.org/cpu2017/results/res2023q2/cpu2017-20230522-36617.html is higher than all other 2P servers. 1P AMD EPYC 9754 scores 981 SPECrate®2017_int_base score (981.4 score/socket) http://www.spec.org/cpu2017/results/res2023q2/cpu2017-20230522-36613.html is higher per socket than all other servers. SPEC®, SPEC CPU®, and SPECrate® are registered trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation. See www.spec.org for more information.
2. EPYC-028C: SPECpower_ssj® 2008, SPECrate®2017_int_energy_base, and SPECrate®2017_fp_energy_base based on results published on SPEC’s website as of 11/10/22. VMmark® server power-performance / server and storage power-performance (PPKW) based results published at https://www.vmware.com/products/vmmark/results3x.1.html?sort=score. The first 80 ranked SPECpower_ssj®2008 publications with the highest overall efficiency overall ssj_ops/W results were all powered by AMD EPYC processors. For SPECrate®2017 Integer (Energy Base), AMD EPYC CPUs power the first 11 top SPECrate®2017_int_energy_base performance/system W scores. For SPECrate®2017 Floating Point (Energy Base), AMD EPYC CPUs power the first 12 SPECrate®2017_fp_energy_base performance/system W scores. For VMmark® server power-performance (PPKW), have the top four results for 2- and 4-socket matched pair results outperforming all other socket results and for VMmark® server and storage power-performance (PPKW), have the top overall score. See https://www.amd.com/en/claims/epyc4#faq-EPYC-028C for the full list. More information about SPEC® is available at http://www.spec.org. SPEC, SPECrate, and SPECpower are registered trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation. VMmark is a registered trademark of VMware in the US or other countries.
3. GD-183: AMD Infinity Guard features vary by EPYC™ Processor generations. Infinity Guard security features must be enabled by server OEMs and/or Cloud Service Providers to operate. Check with your OEM or provider to confirm support of these features. Learn more about Infinity Guard at https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/infinity-guard
4. SP5-014B: 16-core 4th Gen EPYC 9174F CPU processors result as of 3/31/2023 using SPECrate®2017_int_base and SPECrate®2017_fp_base. The 2P AMD EPYC 9174F powered server scored 447 SPECrate®2017_int_base (http://spec.org/cpu2017/results/res2023q1/cpu2017-20230313-34765.html) or 13.97 int score/core and 599 SPECrate®2017_fp_base (http://spec.org/cpu2017/results/res2023q1/cpu2017-20230313-34780.html) or 18.72 fp score/core both of which is higher than all other respective x86 2P scores published on the SPEC® website. SPEC®, SPEC CPU®, and SPECrate® are registered trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation. See www.spec.org for more information.
5. SP5-165: The EPYC 9684X CPU is the world’s highest performance x86 server CPU for technical computing, comparison based on SPEC.org publications as of 6/13/2023 measuring the score, rating or jobs/day for each of SPECrate®2017_fp_base (SP5-009E), Altair AcuSolve (https://www.amd.com/en/processors/server-tech-docs/amd-epyc-9004x-pb-altair-acusolve.pdf), Ansys Fluent (https://www.amd.com/en/processors/server-tech-docs/amd-epyc-9004x-pb-ansys-fluent.pdf), OpenFOAM (https://www.amd.com/en/processors/server-tech-docs/amd-epyc-9004x-pb-openfoam.pdf), Ansys LS-Dyna (https://www.amd.com/en/processors/server-tech-docs/amd-epyc-9004x-pb-ansys-ls-dyna.pdf), and Altair Radioss (https://www.amd.com/en/processors/server-tech-docs/amd-epyc-9004x-pb-altair-radioss.pdf) application test case simulations average speedup on 2P servers running 96-core EPYC 9684X vs top 2P performance general-purpose 56-core Intel Xeon Platinum 8480+ or top-of-stack 60-core Xeon 8490H based server for technical computing performance leadership. “Technical Computing” or “Technical Computing Workloads” as defined by AMD can include: electronic design automation, computational fluid dynamics, finite element analysis, seismic tomography, weather forecasting, quantum mechanics, climate research, molecular modeling, or similar workloads. Results may vary based on factors including silicon version, hardware and software configuration and driver versions. SPEC®, SPECrate® and SPEC CPU® are registered trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation. See www.spec.org for more information.